The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is a South African strand of a broader Ireland Fellows Programme managed by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs.
The Ireland Fellows Programme enables early to mid-career professionals from eligible countries, with leadership potential, to benefit from a prestigious, world-class, quality education contributing to capacity building. It offers selected students the opportunity to undertake a fully funded one-year master’s level programme at a higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland.
In 2021, fellowships will be offered for postgraduate study in:
- Agriculture, Environmental Science, Conservation, Rural Development
- Food Science, Food Engineering and related
- Pharmacy and Biotechnology
- Health, Medicine and Health Economics
- Development Studies, Peace Studies, Conflict Resolution and Humanitarian Action
- Social Policy, Social Research, Community Development and Sociology
- Women’s Studies, Gender Studies, Equality Studies
- Law, Human Rights and related
- International Relations, Politics, Government, Ethics
- Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology
- Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management and Business
- Information Systems and Communications Technology
- be a resident national of South Africa
- Have a minimum of two years relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering)
- Hold an honours’ level academic quealification with a minimum grade point average of 75% (First class honour, or second class honour, Grade
- be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above listed subject areas
- be able to take up fellowship in the academic year 2021/2022
- Must not have applied for Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme on more than one previous occasion.
Please note applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible
The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
How to apply
We are now accepting applications for 2021/22. You can access the online application form through the link below.
For More Information:
Deadline for application is 17:00 GMT on 31st August.