Applications for the Ludenso Create Hackathon 2020 are now open. Ludenso Create Hackathon – a Pan-African Hackathon is focused on empowering young people to solve the challenges currently faced in Africa.
The Ludenso Create Hackathon is the second in a series of virtual hackathons organised by NIMechE Design Challenge Team and sponsored by their strategic partner, Ludenso. The design challenge will last for 6 weeks. Participants will learn how to design using Ludenso Create which is an Augmented Reality (AR) Computer-Aided Design (CAD) tool.
Over the course of a week, teams will collaborate to develop sustainable and innovative solutions that can help address major challenges in Africa. They are focused on connecting teams with the skills, knowledge, tools, and capabilities that engineer confidence, performance, and growth in innovating sustainable solutions using emerging technologies to mitigate the challenges currently faced in Africa.
Over $3,000 worth of prize items to be won by the top 3 winning teams:
- 7 AR Headsets (MagiMask);
- $2,250 worth of Ludenso Create Licenses;
- 6 months Extended Reality (XR) Internship at HOFT Developers for all winners;
- Branding on Ludenso platforms for first place winners
- Branding of all winners on NIMechE Design Challenge platforms;
- 1-1 1-Hour Mentorship session for all winners;
- Award Certificates specially designed by their Strategic Partner, Ludenso;
- NIMechE Design Challenge and Ludenso branded items and lots more.
- Open to only young African people between the age of 13 – 35 years old;
- Only applicants who have demonstrated experience and passion for sustainable development, collaboration, and innovation are encouraged to apply;
- The hackathon will be held fully in English. Therefore, Applicants should be able to communicate well in English;
- Applicants should have stable internet connectivity and reliable access to a PC (Windows and MacBook) or an iPad.
- Applicants can only submit one application each.
It is compulsory to read the Hackathon brief before filling the application form to find out more information about NIMechE Design Challenge, Ludenso, and the hackathon.
Deadline: October 14, 2020