Nominations are open for the UN Global Compact Young SDG Innovators Programme 2020. This is a development programme designed to accelerate business innovation to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Young SDG Innovators Programme activates future business leaders and changemakers and challenges them to rethink traditional business models and unlock new business opportunities.
The Young SDG Innovators Programme is an opportunity for participating companies of the UN Global Compact to identify young talent within their organizations to collaborate and accelerate business innovation towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This ten-month accelerator programme activates future business leaders and changemakers to develop and drive innovative solutions through new technologies, initiatives, and business models and deliver on their company’s sustainability objectives.
The Programme is supported by the Tuborg Foundation.
During this nine-month accelerator programme, select young professionals (“Innovators”) from UN Global Compact participating companies will:
- Connect to enterprising young professionals in country and from around the world to leverage the Sustainable Development Goals as a catalyst for the development of new products and services relevant to their business.
- Collaborate with thought leaders in a series of team exercises and interactive learning opportunities involving real-world challenges, peer feedback and sparring, and mentoring and coaching.
- Build organizational learning skills that will enable employees across different functions to develop innovative solutions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals through new technologies, initiatives and business models.
- Learning and development resources. A comprehensive curriculum with a blend of learning opportunities including online and in-person workshops, case studies, company visits and forum discussions.
- Professional experience. Connect with other business units and collaborate on innovative projects relative to the company and industry.
- Coaching, mentoring and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. Build working relationships and learn from some of the brightest minds working on sustainability and innovation from around the world.
- Be part of a global network of leading young professionals from some of the top companies across every continent.
Deadline: November 2020
As a participating company of the UN Global Compact and your Global Compact Local Network, your company is eligible to nominate high performing young professionals for the programme. *Companies must be located in one of the following countries to be eligible: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
- High-performing employees at a participating company of the UN Global Compact
- 35 years or younger
- Interest in business model innovation, sustainability and disruptive technologies
- Companies must be confirmed to participate in the programme before nominating individual young professionals to join. If you are a young professional interested in the programme, please talk to your company’s UN Global Compact contact to see how your company can sign up and join the programme.
Companies participating in the UN Global Compact and based in the following countries have the opportunity to collaborate with their Global Compact Local Networks to nominate young professionals for the programme.
Companies interested in joining the programme can fill out the sign up form or connect directly to their participating Global Compact Local Network.