Applications for the University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship 2020 are open. To support excellence in postgraduate research, up to 75 University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarships will be awarded each year to high-achieving candidates applying for admission to an approved doctoral qualification at the University of Waikato.
The value of the Scholarship shall be:
- A living allowance of $25,000 in total every 12 months, payable in monthly instalments for up to 36 months (three years) in total.
- The living allowance is paid on a pro-rata basis for approved parttime students.
- The domestic tuition fees for enrolment in the doctoral qualification during the term of the Scholarship; and
- The Student Services Levy.
Any additional costs such as medical insurance, moving costs, and research expenses must be met by the student.
- The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- The Scholarship is for candidates enrolling in a doctoral qualification, i.e. a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA), Doctor of Education (EdD), or Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD), at the University of Waikato.
- Candidates will normally be seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification.
- Candidates should normally be intending to study full-time at the University of Waikato.
Academic merit will be a primary criterion of selection, with a minimum grade average of A- (over the previous two years of full-time study) expected for eligibility.
Other factors taken into consideration include: references, prior research and work experience, and publications
It is only possible to apply for a UoW Doctoral Scholarship as part of the application to enrol process. That is why the ‘Apply Now’ button on the Scholarships page takes you to the University’s application to enrol page. When applying to enrol in a PhD, DMA, EdD, or SJD, prospective students will be able to indicate that they wish to also be considered for a UoW Doctoral Scholarship.
If you are new to the University of Waikato you will need to:
- Complete an Application to Enrol BEFORE you can have access to apply for Scholarships and Awards (This application is not a commitment to study here at the University of Waikato and can be withdrawn or updated at any time).
Deadline: May 31, 2020
For more information, visit University of Waikato.